Monday, April 18, 2011

Super TwinBear!!! Entrepreneural Champions!!!

Recently, I participated in ACU's annual SpringBoard Challenge of which I and my team were one of the winners in the honorable mention category. To be honest, I think I'm addicted to this stuff now. Until next year's SpringBoard's Challenge, all I will be thinking about is first place (the Most Fundable Award).

Anyway, here are some pics of us in the school's newspaper.



Plus you can find our names at SpringBoard's website by clicking here.

And, if you'd like to learn more about SpringBoard, you can do so here.

By the way, the name of our business is Super Twinbear.

And if you'd like, here's the blog of one of my business mates.

Finally, just to be honest with you guys, here's an interesting story: At first, I didn't make it through; I was eliminated in the first round - or so I thought. I was so surprised because I knew I had written a good business plan. I remember telling my friends at dinner that I was mystified as to why I didn't make it through the first round; not because I was being prideful or was in denial, but because I know myself and knew what I had done. Anyway, the next morning I received an e-mail stating that a clerical error had occurred and I was on to the finals! I did a PowerPoint, presented it, and the rest is history. Moreover, we were kindly donated free office space and overhead for a year by Sammuel Garcia of State Farm. We start full time development in May, the week after we graduate. Fun stuff, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment